Ahsoka Tano, the young padawan captured people’s hearts the moment she stepped out of the ship. She is the one viewers were supposed to relate to and grow up with. She is a tough character and one loved by fans, so let’s chart her journey here:
Ahsoka was brought by Plo Koon, the Jedi Master, for training at the famed Jedi Temple. At 14, Ahsoka was sent to Christophsis (a planet) when there was a standoff going on between the Separatists and Republic soldiers. Master Yoda formed the plan to ensure that Anakin Skywalker was able to overcome his overprotective nature. He assigned a Padawan to him. The main idea was for Anakin to train his apprentice and in the process see her become more self-sufficient and independent. He hoped that it would let him overcome his attachment issues. Thus, Ahsoka’s story began.
Ahsoka is a headstrong character. She is courageous, spirited, and wasn’t easily intimidated at all. She challenged authority but also respected and listened when it was time to. During the training years, Ahsoka and Anakin became close like siblings. Through her leadership skills and courage, Ahsoka was able to gain the admiration and respect of all the clones which served under Anakin and her, even of Captain Rex’s.
When the war was at its peak, Ahsoka got framed for an explosion caused at the famed Jedi Temple. She was eventually expelled out of the order. Anakin was determined to prove that she was innocent in all this. Ahsoka was eventually acquitted but she saw the way of the Jedi Order and how political they had become. She believed that the council wasn’t the way it was supposed to be. So she walked away and left the much coveted Jedi Order position.
Ahsoka then went on to find her way outside of the famed Jedi Order. She eventually rebelled against the entire Empire. After the Republic fell, she worked as a formidable but anonymous spy called Fulcrum. She got to know rebels Ezra Bridger and Kanan Jarrus. They reminded Ahsoka of the Jedi way that should have been. So she decided to help them and their rebel group out believing that they could be hope in the darkness. Later on, they were found out by Darth Vader and Ahsoka realized that it was indeed her friend, sibling, and mentor Anakin Skywalker.
They fought and Ahsoka seemingly lost her life but was brought back by Ezra. She, later on, she went back to her own time but promised to find Ezra. Wherever she may be, undoubtedly she would have faced everything with wisdom, strength, and courage.
How can you cosplay Ahsoka Tano from Star Wars: Clone Wars?
Cosplay Ahsoka Tano and become a fearless rebel and leader who has the smarts and wisdom to survive it all. If you want get the Star Wars costume to cosplya Ahsoka Tano, Here’s how you can get her to look:
- The headgear: The headgear is the main recognizable part of Ahsoka Tano so it is very important to make it well. You can either buy it or make it yourself. If you are making it all on your own. Then first size your head and face. Use wires to form the outlines of the headgear and then use paper mache to make the shape. Once it dries, colour it white before adding the blue design. To get the accurate design, check out any online pictures of her in Clone Wars.
- The dress: Get a crimson short dress first. Make sure that it is sleeveless. You can cut out the back or let it be. The advice would be to not cut it out. No matter where you are planning on cosplaying, you don’t want to second-guess where your back is touching.
- Pants and shoes: Tight black jeans or black leggings will get the job done. As for shoes use a pair of white converses. These will let you be comfortable all around.
- Belt: Cut out a polygon from cardboard and paint it steel grey. Then attach two belts that go from four of the sides. Take a look at an online picture to get a better understanding of what you have to do. Once that’s done, attach a little pouch at the back of the belts. From the bottom side of the polygon, attach a tie-like strip of cloth.
- Arm gauntlets: To make the gauntlets, first get fingerless crimson’s gloves. Then get crimson leather strips. Fit them around your forearms and then sew the leather pieces together. As for the bicep cloth, get a thick cylindrical piece of crimson fabric that fits around your biceps. Then cut out the design by looking at online pictures.
So now you are all set to cosplay Ahsoka Tano. If this feels like too much work then know that you can always order one online before you join your Star Wars cosplayers.